Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still Catching Up!


It's always great to get away for a couple of days but when you return its the mass rush to catch up. Sometimes I think that we would be better going back to the world of no blackberries, computers and cell phones, because than you could truly sit back and relax. Funny hearing that from me since i literally live on the computer, blackberry and cell phone, loving the internet and the constant source of communication. Ask my husband how crazy i get if the internet goes down! That being said it's always good to get home, my sons are growing up so fast that it's hard to get time with them. I actually had to get into my 20 year olds schedule for a family night! As they grow they are constantly busy with places to go and things to do but it is so important just to gather together for a movie or dinner at least once a week. Now that my 16 year old is learing to drive my life has gotten even crazier. (stress level has gone up also) he's actually a pretty good driver, he's taking a driver ed class this summer and wants to be driving by the end of summer, can you imagine! That will give me two to worry about on the road. Both Adam and Patrick also have type 1 diabetes, so if driving alone isn't worrisome than driving with diabetes is totally scary. We are trying to instill in them to test before turning the key and making sure that they have all the the necessary drink boxes and test strips when traveling! Not an easy task, but we are constantly monitoring and teaching! Today I had to have Adam pick me up from the garage where i was having an oil change, i was pleased to see that he tested before leaving, not so pleased to see the garbage in the back of his car. Are all teenagers like this? I think he forgot where the trash can is, because his back seat was litered with soda can's and chip bags etc. You would have thought he would clean it up before giving mom a ride but no. I had to just turn my head and be thankful that i'am not riding around in that car. (i have to pick my battles, he tested, so if he can't find the trash can its his problem, his car.)

Hard to believe the big show is all over and we are back home already, I am new to blogging so forgive me if i carry on. I wish we had more time after the show to just hang out but maybe another time.

No comments: