Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Sensors don’t lie




Well today we had our first appointment since Nikki went on the sensor last month. I am totally amazed at the amount of information that we were able to obtain, analyze and study.

It was very informative to see that at lunch time Nikki doesn’t bolus or test! This was something that I have been after her about and have even told her that she was going to have to start going to the nurse so that we could make sure that she does test at lunch time. She just started doing this and I don’t know exactly why all the sudden she can’t remember to test and bolus. Now that we have all the information in front of us there’s no denying what is going on. Nikki of course wanted to say that she was testing and blousing but when you have the charts and numbers and alarm notices (oh yeah she just turns those off every 2 hours), than there is no way to deny what is truly going on. (no wonder she is hating having to wear the sensor). I for one am glad to see a clear picture of what is really happening with her blood sugars.

I need to remember that she is only 11 and “she forgets” those are her words, how you forget something that you have been doing day in and day out for the past 10 years I don’t know. I would think it would be habit at this point but I could be wrong. I suspect that it might me more of an issue with not wanting to test and bolus in school, but I don’t know for sure.

So starting tomorrow her phone has been programmed to beep at lunch time she will test and text me the blood sugar and that she has bloused. 1 Missed test or bolus and it’s off to the nurse for her!

Next one up is Patrick can’t wait to see what his reveals!

No comments: