Friday, March 5, 2010

Boys Are Easier Than Girls!


This is entirely my opinion based on my experience of raising 2 sons and 1 daughter.

Maybe I would feel different if I had the girl first and the boys 2nd but we have raised 2 sons who are several years older than our daughter, Adam 21, Patrick 17 and Nikki 12.

My son’s when growing up went to school, participated in sports and various activities, they had friends that came to the house and hung out and I don’t ever remember there being an argument or problem when a group of them hung out. (they took care of it themselves) There could be a group of 2 or 5 and they all seemed to get along, they might get rowdy and loud but they seem to just mesh well. Never “Drama”

Boys seem to be more even keeled they never talked about others, they never purposely excluded others, they never voiced openly who they liked and disliked! Now maybe they just didn’t express all of this around me, but I seriously can not remember a time when our boys were ever involved in the drama that seems to surround girls.

If you spoke loudly to our sons or even if my husband would look at them a certain way they would instantly behave or at least show that they knew they were in trouble.

I saw it coming right from kindergarten,our little girl was going to be different from our boys, girls are very open with who is doing what, who is going where, what they are doing, and definitely of what they want. I find myself constantly being on my daughter, to not get caught up in the drama that might surround friends. Trying to get her to understand that it’s better to enjoy each friend for what they are.

With boys they could tell a friend something and you would never hear that what they said was all over the school, let alone getting back to anyone. With girls the minute they open their mouths and say something to someone it is all over the place. Especially with Facebook and texting. There is absolutely no down time.

The boys if I told them to put there things away they would do it, with my daughter it’s “in a minute” which never comes till I am threatening.

The boy’s when in trouble would quake with just a stare or stern talking too, with my daughter it takes finding the thing she wants to do the most and taking it away!

The boy’s seem to learn quicker in the aspect of what makes mom happy, the girls could care less.

The boy’s being home was fine; with girls being out in all the drama seems to be the in thing.

The boy’s seem to form a strong bond with a couple friends, girls they seem to keep looking for the friend that they can stand for the moment
Yes my daughter gives us a run for the money, she’s fun, especially creative, caring and loving, but boy oh boy does she have her days!

And don’t get me started on the “emotional outbursts” I think because the boys were so easy I am in shock over load from all that goes on with the girls!

P.S. I LOVE HER THE MOST!!!!!! (added by Nikki)

P.S.P.S. - I know that this is not the case with everyone, this is just my view as I am living it!

Visit us at Pump Wear Inc.

No comments: