Friday, April 16, 2010

Things That Excite Me





You know you are a mom of a child with diabetes when little things like a good blood sugar first thing in the morning really excites’ you. There’s just something about waking up to a 101 bg that seems to set the pace for the rest of the day.

Simple things in our life with diabetes now have the ability to excite me, for example, don’t you just love it when you ask your darling to test and they say that was my last test strip? Don’t you feel great when you (super prepared mom) can pull out a box of test strips out no matter where you are? Do you get a rush when darling number 2 (son) says he forgot his test kit at home? You anticipating kids being kids, pull your trusted test kit from your purse, even though you don’t have diabetes? With three children with diabetes, someone is always forgetting something, but having three with diabetes there is usually someone who has what we need on them if that fails (usually mom has the back up for the back up). Recently my daughters poker broke and in a panic she automatically started complaining that she was not going to be able to test because there was no way she was just going to jab herself with the needle (can’t say I blame her there) , but out of know where I remembered that when we were at camp last year they gave out these disposal needles and being me I happen to throw a couple in my organizer bag that I keep in the car and sure enough they worked great! It was a quick poke Nikki was happy and I was happy I know it’s pathetic but it excites me when we are able to make it work!.



Visit Us At Pump Wear Inc. & Girly Girl Studio

No comments: