Friday, April 30, 2010

Gross But It Works



Gross But It Works!

Do you watch your child test? If you do, what do they do with the excess blood spurting from their finger? My one son tends to just rub it into his skin, but my other son and my daughter just lick it off!

I know it sounds gross and I really don’t know if there is a problem doing this, I use to put a wipe in the case for them to just open and clean it with, apparently that is to much work. I then tried just a kleenex you know you can just easily grab it and wipe the excess blood off on that. That worked till the time it needed to be replaced.

Apparently just licking the excess drop of blood off is the easiest and fastest way. My daughter explained to me that she does it because that way she can make sure she doesn’t get the blood on anything else. (she has gotten blood on her clothes before) and this way she doesn’t have to worry about the blood going anywhere.

It’s gross right? I thought so but apparently my kids aren’t the only ones that do this. I was at camp this past weekend and observed several children doing this.

So my next project is going to be to come up with a swatch that attaches to the test kit that has wipes on it so that as you use a wipe you can remove and use the next one. This should last till they use the last sheet, than they will no doubt revert to the lick it off method.

Forever trying to find the perfect solution to a not so perfect disease.

Julie Mom to Adam (21) Patrick (18) & Nikki Tyler (12)

visit us at Pump Wear Inc. & Girly Girl Studio

No comments: